Ares Wizard is the most popular tool that every Kodi users loved earlier. But, due to legal problems, Ares Wizard has taken down. It had everything that a Kodi user needs for daily amusement. It used to contain Kodi Addons, Builds, Maintenance Tools, etc.
Due to copyright violations, the Ares Wizard has shut down. Because they were providing illegal content…
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi?
Ares Wizard is a third party addon. Therefore, first follow these steps to allow such addons on Kodi:
- Open Settings from the home-screen of Kodi (by clicking the cog icon on the upper-left of the window)
- Click System (for Kodi 18.x) or System Settings (for Kodi 17.6)
- Click Add-ons on the left side
- Click Unknown Sources on the right side and switch it on
- Click Yes when prompted
The below step-by-step guide works for Fire TV Stick as well as PC (Windows and Mac).
Step 1: Launch Kodi on your device
Step 2: Click ‘Settings’ on the top left of the screen (cog icon)
Step 3: Open File Manager from the listed options
Step 4: Double Click ‘Add Source’ on the right
Step 5: Click <None> under ‘Enter the paths or browse for the media locations’
Step 6: Type in or copy-paste the following Ares Wizard download URL and click OK: http://sdwteam.com/repo
Step 7: Enter the name you desire for the Add-on in the ‘Enter a name for this media source’ section. Choose a name you can easily identify later. For this article, I am choosing Ares
Step 8: Return to the Kodi home screen and click on ‘Add-ons’ on the left
Step 9: Click the Folder/Box icon on the top left
Step 10: Click ‘Install from zip file’
Step 11: Click Ares that you created in Step 7.
Step 12: Click repository.streamdigitalrepo-1.5.zip
Step 13: Wait for the repository to install. You will get the notification on the top right of the screen
Step 15: Now click Install from a repository on the same window
Step 16: Click Stream Digital Repo
Step 17: Click Program add-ons
Step 18: Click Ares Wizard
Step 19: Click Install
Step 20: Click OK (only on Kodi 18)
Step 21: Wait for the Ares Wizard Add-on installed notification
That’s all. You have successfully installed Ares Wizard on your Kodi device.
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.3?
This guide will show you how to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.3 for all devices including PC, FireStick, Roku and Apple TV. It also works on other Kodi Krypton versions such as 17.1 and 17.2
Recently, Ares Wizard added a new URL for a way to get their repository in Kodi. Current working Ares Repositories are:
- Open System (top centre cog icon) > File Manager > Add Source.
- In the top box, input http://repo.ares-project.com/magic (or any other link listed above)
- In the bottom box, input “Ares” and press OK to finish adding the source.
- Kodi home screen > add-ons > add-on browser (top left icon).
- Choose install from ZIP File and choose “Ares“.
- Install the ZIP File in there (repository.aresproject).
- Give it a few seconds/minutes to install.
- Install from Repository > Ares Project > Program add-ons > Ares Wizard > Install
- Open Ares Wizard, found under program add-ons on the home screen.
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17?
Let’s start the method.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Click on the File Manager.
- Click on Add Sources.
- Click on None.
- Enter this URL: http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/, Click on Done.
- Type in the name [ Magic ] and click OK.
- Head back to the main menu and click on Add-ons.
- Click on the Package installer icon from the top left corner.
- Click install from Zip.
- Click on Magic.
- Select the repository.aresproject.
- Click on the Repository.aresproject.zip.
- Wait until you see a pop-up saying. [ Ares Project Repository Enabled ].
- Now from the package installer menu click on Install from repository.
- Click on the Ares Project.
- Select program add-ons.
- Here you’ll see Ares Wizard, Click on it.
- On the next page, you’ll the Ares installation wizard. Click on Install.
Here’s you go, this is how you can Install Ares Wizard Kodi 17 -17.3 Krypton, If you face any issue please do tell me in comments so I can help you with it.
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.4?
- Step 1: First of all, the user needs to make a click on the icon of the System which is at the top of the user’s screen on the left side.
- Step 2: Then, after doing that, the user needs to make a click on the option that says, File Manager.
- Step 3: Now, the user needs to make a click on the option that says Add Source which is on the left side of the user’s screen.
- Step 4: Then, the user needs to click on the option which says None.
- Step 5: After doing this much, the user needs to enter the URL which is given below and after entering the URL, the user needs to click on OK.
- http:/ /ares-repo.eu
- Step 6: Then, after this, the user needs to provide a name to it as Ares Wizard and then, they need to click on OK.
- Step 7: The user needs to check everything twice and if everything is correct then, click OK.
- Step 8: Now, the user needs to go back to the Main Menu and make a click on the option that says Add-ons.
- Step 9: After this, the user needs to make a click on the icon of Package Installer which is at the top of the user’s screen.
- Step 10: Now, the user needs to click on the option that says Install from zip file.
- Step 11: Then, the box will be open by sliding on the side and the user needs to find the Ares Wizard and click on it.
- Step 12: After doing this much, the user needs to click on repository.aresproject-0.1.0.zip.
- Step 13: Then, after doing this much, the user needs to wait for the message which says installed that will came at the right-hand side of the user’s screen.
- Step 14: Then, after this, the user needs to install from the Repository.
- Step 15: Now, the user needs to go to the Ares Project.
- Step 16: Then, after this, the user needs to click on the option that says Program Add-ons.
- Step 17: Then, after that, the user needs to go to the Ares wizard.
- Step 18: Then, after doing this much, the user needs to click on the option of Install.
- Step 19: Now, the user needs to wait for the message which says that Ares Wizard Add-on is installed which will come on the left side of the top of the user’s screen.
- Step 20: Now, the user needs to go to the main menu and then, after that, they need to click on the Program Add-ons and then, make a click on the option that says Ares Wizard.
- Step 21: Then, Ares Wizard will extract and run and for this, it will take a few minutes.
- Step 22: At last, the Ares Wizard will start and the user needs to click on the top of the menu to select the different options.
Thus, these are all the steps for Install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.4 Krypton: Best Kodi Build. Now, the user needs to read all the steps carefully as they are mentioned above.
Ares Wizard Build Not Working
I keep getting this question frequently that why Ares Wizard is not working on Kodi. Well, as I said before the operations at Ares project were shut down due to lawsuits in the US. Though Ares Project is now back, it only works as a tool to fix Kodi errors.
How do I install Ares Wizard on FireStick?
There is no separate guide for the Ares Wizard FireStick installation. The above method I shared in this article works for Fire TV Stick, PC, and other Kodi supported devices. The only difference is that you can also download the Ares Wizard zip file on your PC and then upload it in the “Install from Zip File” section. In the case of FireStick, you have to use the URL method only.
Some Important Ares Wizard Features
Now that you’ve successfully installed Ares Wizard on Kodi, it’s better if you learn some of its main features. This will help you in fixing minor errors related to Wizard as and when they appear.
Long gone are the days when Ares Wizard used to be an all-in-one entertainment tool for Kodi. After it was scrutinized for privacy, all of its music and video add-ons were stripped off and it was reduced to merely a maintenance add-on. Here’s what it can do now:
Ares Wizard help yo u in maintaining the Kodi application. When streaming online media, you build up a lot of caches which are a piece of software code used for analytics purposes. The Wizard automatically deletes these cache when it deems necessary. This helps in Kodi buffering and maintenance.
The Ares Wizard can take a complete backup of the build-up log, customizations, and config operations. You can apply them back whenever necessary.
Not only does it maintain, but it also optimizes Kodi’s speed and performance. Besides performing optimizations at various levels and minimizing buffering time, it advises for optimum cache size and updates. Ares is recommended for getting community updates even though Kodi does it for you.
A Log file is a text file that is maintained within the Ares Wizard folder. This store’s everything that goes on in the background with Kodi. This file is important as it’ll show when and where the error occurred with the application. It’s advised to upload it regularly so that developers can suggest a fix by isolating your problem.
Many are speculating that this might be the last version of Ares Wizard we’ll be using since the developer had already given up on this project back in 2017. But that doesn’t undermine its value. If you’re looking forward to using Kodi as your default media player, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be using Ares Wizard along with it.