Receiving error code 0x8024a105 when attempting to update of Windows 10 using an automatic update.
What is error code (0x8024a105)?
One of the frequent Windows Update errors is Error Code 0x8024a105 which is usually caused by improper installation, a virus, corrupted or missing files. This error is also missing from Window’s official error code list. If your update has stopped, you may see an error saying:
“There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8024a105)”
In this case, there are several solutions that we can apply to fix windows update error 0x8024a105.
How to fix error code 0x8024a105?
Method 1: Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
- Click on “View All” option on the top-left pane.
- Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
If the issue still persists,
Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Updates Components and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.
Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly.
Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:
1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.
6. After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.
If you are trying to install the November update, I suggest you go to the Microsoft software download website and select Upgrade now to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Version 1511 and check if the issue persists.